As I have discussed in my other post choosing professions is a key part of playing wow. When I was choosing professions for my alts, I never bothered looking up what other professions received as bonuses that could generate more gold. I simply chose professions because I had a desire to bring everything in house, to be able to do everything myself. If I had been made aware of certain bonuses I certainly would have chosen much differently. I also have a tendency to forget my cool downs, so I have made a convenient list of cool downs that make gold daily in order of most to least profitable. Don’t forget, these are based around information I extrapolate from the few servers I play on, so it may vary for you. Always consult your auction house before making any final decisions. Continue Reading
The darkmoon fair has left the building, and I have moved myself squarely into a new market. Not only have I weaseled my way into making over 40k gold by buying 24 auctions, but I have seen the light, and the light is inscription! This past week I decided to invest a little chunk of my gold into something new. Now I don’t suggest dropping 35k into something you have never done before, but I felt the potential returns (200%+ ROI) outweighed the risk and threw caution to the wind as I bought 3 sets of serpent cards this week.
After talking to a friend who has experience in this market, and watching prices before the darkmoon fair I decided I could safely invest my gold into something new. With the lowest return possible being a nice 125% margin, I was excited, and as the fair comes to a close, over the next week, I think it is safe to say I will net about 200% returns and I intend to walk you through the process no matter what angle you decide to approach from! Continue Reading
When listing up auctions, time is literally translated to money. If you list things up for 48 hours, what are the chances it will sit at that price and sell? Can you really be bothered to repost it every twelve hours? Am I participating in a cut throat market? These are all things we have to consider when we list our auctions, and I am going to give you five easy tips to make sure you are getting the most from your gold.
- Convenience – Convenience is a huge factor. If you are listing up many stacks of an item, or tens of items, can you really be bothered with putting them back up after twelve hours? If you spend 20 minutes listing glyphs every 12 hours, you could save an hour every two days if you just list them for 48 hours. Consider whats worth more, that hour, or the deposits that you might lose.
- Know the Market Speed – If a market is fast paced, listing at a reasonable price at 48 hours should never be an issue. If you are in the ores business, try listing for max time to determine what amount you can see moving and at what prices.
- Competition – Auctioneers run into this issue often, is my competition going to bother re-listing under me, or is he going to ride out his 48 hour auctions? Check competitors in your markets and see what time they list for to determine how stiff the competition may be in the next few days.
- Deposits – Consider the following, if I have an item that costs 4g per 12 hours, and it doesn’t sell 3 times, but sells on the forth, you could have listed it for 48 hours and gotten your deposit back without wasting 12g. Always think of the auction house as a money grubbing ex-wife, because it is.
- Think Ahead – If you know an extended maintenance is coming, don’t list for 48 hours, list for whatever will have your auctions down before the maintenance without losing valuable time listed. There’s no sense in paying for time that no one can even buy your items!
I hope you guys found these tips helpful! Go out there and put these to work in your auction house and let me know how it goes. If you have any tips you have found helpful, let me know in the comments bellow, and don’t forget, you can always find me on Twitter.
Professions are one of the most lucrative opportunities in wow, and you don’t have to have an army of alts in order to make money using them either. I personally have 6 alts that have maxed professions and I am working on a seventh because I have a lot of free time, but its certainly not required. If you pick the right professions, there is no reason you can’t churn out gold by huge amounts, with just one maxed character, in fact that’s exactly where I started. I’m going to give you a break down of the professions to help you get the most out what you have time for. Continue Reading
I recently had a friend who has almost finished his first level through in Wow, and he asked me how to make gold. I thought about it, and I raddled off a list of things that he can do, and he immediately looked at me and said too little too late. I asked, “What do you mean?” to which he responded “I have already messed up all of those till now”. Sometimes we take for granted the simplest knowledge that we picked up along the way that many people figured out to late, or still may not know. One of the hardest parts of making gold in wow is just getting started. It was certainly the most difficult challenge for me to overcome when I first started. Getting started making gold varies greatly on several factors, your server, start up capital, your professions, your play style, and even how much time you have to play. I can’t possibly account for all of these factors, but what I can do is show you a few of the methods that I used to start making gold. Even if you know the ways to start, have a read through and see if we offer any other guides that can offer you more! Continue Reading
Macros make a lot of the boring and repetitive jobs in wow a lot easier. I can’t imagine anyone who plays the AH, or shuffles that doesn’t use macros regularly. If you are just starting out though, figuring out why macros do what they do and how to make then do what you want, can be a challenge. I used several macros I found on the forums without a clue of how they worked or even how to make my own. Well, that’s what this guide is here for. I’ll show you a few of the simplest macros I have made that make my shuffle so much easier. Please be sure to read the full guide before commenting if you are having trouble. If you are looking for the macros I use, you can find them at the bottom of the page.